Thursday, October 20, 2011

Salt and Pepper

So I went surfing Tuesday morning with my friend Crystal Porter. We went out at a place called monster mush, which I had never surfed there nor desired the experience, but for some reason Poseidon's blessings of swell direction, tide, and wind made for a fun session. Caught some fun ones with this baby boomer mustached knee-boarder who was just cheering and giggling to himself about the sets that were coming in. He reminded my of my father, with his Salt and peppered hair and mustache, weathered/sun-kissed skin, gitty mood, and wise but loony presence, just singing and hooting to himself as my father does when the waves are good. Just a good time with the sun warming my back and a feel good vibe in the lineup with plenty of waves to go around, just bitchin'. Made it back in time for my 9:20 psych class...well I thought it was 9:40 due to my Mon, Wed, Fri 8:40 class, sometimes i get the 20 and 40 mixed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment