Saturday, October 1, 2011

October and its good tidings

So this morning I did not wake up for General Conference (its live at 6am in Hawaii). I woke up and watched the second session of Conference with Ian Patton and Ted Davis. It was great, Loved Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk, as well as many others, very inspirational. I also had a good laugh at the way one of the 70s would give this smile during his pauses, it just tickled me. Put me in tears a one point. After Conference I finished a paper that was due today.

Maki and Cheka Hohaia came over and we all ventured to the north shore. Ted, Ian, Maki, Cheka, Roger and I. Ian and I surfed gas chambers, then I paddled over to green roofs and had the time of my life. I caught tons of waves and things were just clicking. Loved it...just bitchin. Ian broke the nose off of our longboard, i'm not to worried about it, though it sucks, it was and old waterlogged board. It was still riding great, that is why it sucks.

When I Came home I was chillin on the side of the house on the phone to Dave Jarman when Ted walked up with the mail and I see a package, I immediately inquire, "is that for me?" He said Yes!!!! It was the new Thrice CD Major/Minor. I had pre-ordered it a month before the release date, but the downfall of living in Hawaii is the slow mail. It came out September 20th, now 12 days later I laid on my bed reading the lyrics and listening it to the first time. What a marvelous experience to listen to well constructed music with uplifting, deep, and profound lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment