Sunday, January 13, 2013

Provo

Well I've been in Provo for a week now. I must say that it has been full of job interviews, music, friends, and snow. I interviewed with two residential treatment centers, one of Monday, the next on Tuesday.I feel really good about how they went, now its just the waiting and follow-up game. Tuesday night I played an open mic at the Velour which was a really good experience for me. I had to wait outside in the frigid cold for half an hour to get on the list to play. I used the house guitar which was pretty much my dream guitar. The main guy Corey asked for my contact info as I walked out and after I thanked him for letting me play. He knows my 2nd cousin Matt Clonts which was random. I jammed out with this cool kid Dan who is an excellent drummer, he successfully put drums to almost all of my folk songs. I practiced my songs with Allison (I met her in Jerusalem) who has a pretty voice. I also jammed out with my other buddies from Jerusalem. This week I also gave a plasma donation and did some weird body composition tests for money, in other words I've sold my body to science for money to stay afloat. Since I have so many good friends here who have been waiting for me to move here for a long time I have been taken out to lunch and dinner often, these come to me as tender mercies. Its weird to be in a new place with opposite weather to what I accustomed to and unfamiliar terrain, but to be surrounded by so many people I know and love. Its been an adventure sleeping on a couch and scraping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment