Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LA Kings Win the Stanley Cup!!!!!!


I have been following the Kings closely for over 8 years, since Mattias Norstrom was the Captain. I must thank my good friends Dave, Ryan, Matt, Tim, Evan, Brad, Jeff, and John for getting me into the Kings. I don't follow many sports, all my friends are into the Dodgers and the Lakers, but I could never get into those teams and sports, but there was something about Hockey that I was drawn to. It is the only sport I've ever followed and really enjoyed. I loved playing hockey with my friends growing up after school and on the weekends. I have to thank Big Dave Jarman and John Gleason for taking me to Kings games over the years, truly memorable times. The LA Kings have been one of the worst teams in the western conference since I started watching them.. The last three years they have improved, but I never thought that this year they would triumphantly hoist Lord Stanley's Cup above their heads. I was stoked to see them even make the post season as the 8th seed. And what happened over the next weeks was something that I will never forget. They became a new team, breaking out, scoring, and fore-checking like had never seen before. It is surreal that they won the Stanley Cup yesterday!!! I am SUPER STOKED!!!!!! GO KINGS GO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment