Monday, December 5, 2011

Coming to an end

Well, my last fall semester at BYUH is coming to an end. I am stressing about some assignments but for the most part I've done most of my hard work during the semester. Two weeks from now I'll be in California...weird. Well this semester has been a good one. Tons of laughs with friends and roommates, waves with Ian and by myself both long boarding and finally towards the end on my new 6'6" single fin. Almost every saturday you could find Ian, Aaron and I skating at the Handcocks mini ramp at sunset, which I agree with Ian when he said, "The handcocks mini ramp has improved my quality of life." Music was played at open mics at the "A frame" house, different events, and in my living room with Aaron Puzey, Maggie Harris, Ted Davis, and Ian Patton. I successfully learned how to Salsa, Bachata, and Manege dance every Wednesday night at Latin Club, to say I was out of control would be an understatement, along with latin dancing I went to some rager dance parties with good friends where we'd let loose so much, we'd have dance-overs the next morning. I went on a good amount of dates this semseter, which didn't yield any fruits, but was full growing experiences some more comfortable than others.

I feel blessed to have gained two really good friends in the past 6 months, Ian Patton (my roommate) and Ted Davis (my house manager).I knew them before I moved in, but not even close to the extent at which I know them now. They have been great supports to me and have been there for me no matter what, whether it be slapping me in the face with reality or giving me the advice, compliments, confidence, and encouragement that I need. I will never forget the times I have had this semseter. Often the highlights of this semester are not the parties, jamming, catching bitchin' waves, or skating but the relaxing times in our house where we would sit and share some Yerba matĂ© or tererĂȘ and our thoughts as friends and brothers.

I have learned a lot academically as well. My classes This semester seemed to have demanded a bit more out of me as usual, which they should seeing it is my senior year. I am really excited for my last semester and my excitement is coupled with nerves for my field practicum which will be from April-July. Come August I don't know where I'll be, but for now I am going to enjoy Hawaii and my friends and loved ones as much as possible.

1 comment: