Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still (rough)

I rise with the light changing shifts with the night,

I step and I roam, this street leads to God’s home,

Where he whispers so sweet to those all alone,

Your prayers I hear, your answer is clear,

Love me and I’ll take all you hold dear,

 

Bobbing heads in silence and stops down the road,

A gun-slinging moment as they stare at your soul,

Eyes search for hope as they look out the dirty windows,

They are lost they are found, broken and drowned,

In the sorrow they fight all their life to bury in the ground,

 

Chorus:

We all want peace in our souls,

A light at the end of the road,

Don’t fade away like the brightness of day,

So please, God rest our souls

 

State Hospital bed gets too hard for his head,

Many sleepless nights as they take all his rights,

Say, you must pay for the crimes you’ve done,

Like a flower he wilts, a lifetime of guilt,

Torn down are the towers of joy that he once built.

 

Calm waters  of my life are but a dream,

Winds silence my anguished screams,
 
Waves roar like the kings of the past,

Will the storm shatter my weary mast?

Peace be still my soul

Peace be still my soul

Peace be still my soul

 

No comments:

Post a Comment