Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kona Winds

This past 3 day weekend was really good for the East side of Oahu. The Kona winds were blowing, meaning almost dead winds/slight off shore winds on the east side, and with a wrap from the north swell it made for bitchin' waves. I surfed Cheverons which was my first experience there, it was a little inconsistent but super fun on the sets. Then I surfed 7th hole in Kahuku, this too was my first experience there (the last two years I lived in front of Kakellas so I just surfed there). 7th hole was unreal!!! Super uncrowded and firing!!! The last 45 min were really frustrating for me though, and it ended with broken leash. It is a super long paddle and I was completely wasted after. Monday I surfed Gas chambers briefly, caught one good sized wave, got drilled on two and took a few sets on my head then went in. It was like 4-5 occ 6 Hawaiian. I later went out to Kakellas, it had been a long time since I've surfed there, It was smaller, but really fun. Overall, a good weekend for surfing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment